Today can be the day you begin a new journey towards better health. Did you know that cortisol and adrenaline, two of our stress hormones, can weaken the immune system and strongly affect your body’s response to illness?
It is important to stay healthy by minding nutrition and exercise, now more than ever—but it’s also important to learn to stress management. Take a break from social media, learn a new skill, garden, read for pleasure, practice meditation or breathwork—engage in activities that bring you joy.
To be more specific we present you 7 healthy habits for holistic well-being:
- Connect with nature: go on a hike or step on a patch of grass barefooted—it doesn’t matter connect with your environment.
- Digital detoxing: clear the clutter. Try abstaining from the phone and other digital possessions whenever you can.
- Practice good posture: your posture is important! Make an effort to keep your back straight and strong.
- Journal: write down your thoughts, dreams and have personal brainstorming sessions.
- Shake your body: stay in motion and stay loose with ecstatic dancing. Unlock those hips! (Check out our membership plans)
- Get basic & simplify, go minimal where you can. If it complicates and litters you—get it out of reach.
- Humours your passions: make sure to do what you love, as often as you can.
Lastly one of the most important things we can do is to listen to our bodies. That is what intuitive eating is all about! So even though we think we would love to eat a burger or a doughnut every single day, the truth is it could be too much for our bodies. They are wise enough to know what we need when we need it and where is our limit. We just must pay attention.